How to Use Pictor App
Pictor is an intelligent product photography application which helps you click good photographs and get them retouched by professional graphic artists.
While the app guides you to set up the right environment for photography and helps you click using your mobile phone, our associated professional post-production service makes sure that each image that we deliver goes through multiple layers of retouching, giving you images compatible to online e commerce standards.
After the mobile application is installed and opened for the first time, the onboarding screens will appear to help the user familiarize himself with the application. After the onboarding, the login screen would appear where the user would require the username and password to proceed further. If the user has not created the account on the Pictor platform, he would be required to sign up at this stage. The following information would be required at the time of signup :
- First Name and Last Name
- Mobile number
- Email Id
The home screen serves as the basic guide to the whole application.It is a scroll view which explains the dynamic pricing methods, the best ways to click photographs and the use of the app.
There are also videos listed at the bottom to help user maximize the quality of his photographs while minimizing the costs for editing.
ADD NEW PRODUCT
To shoot the photograph of your article, you will need to create a product first. You can access the new product screen using the Get Started button on the Home screen or the “add new” section in the bottom bar.
Each product is tagged by its Product Name and Product Type.
- Product Name : This acts a unique identifier for the product name while searching. The product name could be any alphanumeric string of 32 characters maximum.
- Product Type : A drop down list consisting of most familiar products. You can filter the list by entering characters of the type.
- Sample Images : According to the product type selected, a list of most common views are shown as thumbnails. Tapping on any of the sample image thumbnail will open a detailed view of the sample image.
- Capturing The Image : With reference to the sample image, you can capture the photograph by tapping the “Capture” button beside the thumbnail.
Once a photograph of a product is captured and uploaded, the images of that product appear in the gallery section. From the time of capture to getting the final images, the product is catagorized in the following stages
- INSPECTION - The images of the product are inspected by our team to give you the pricing information
- PENDING PRICE APPROVAL - The inspected products await your acceptance for payment to get the work started
- IN PROGRESS - The editors are working on the images of the product
- FINISHED - The final images of the product arrive
- UNUSABLE - The images which cannot be worked upon are catagorized as unusable after inspection
CAPTURING THE IMAGE
Clicking on capture in the sample image view will open the camera of the phone enabling the user to capture the image of the product. Any photograph has 5 basic parameters : Focus, Background, Lighting, Angle, Size. The image processing engine addresses each of these parameters and highlights the issues
- Once the image is captured, the application will run image processing algorithms on it.
- Blur Detection - Calculates if the region of interest is in focus threshold
- Object Detection - Identifies the article intended for the shoot
- Background Detection - Checks if the background is light in color and does not have any patterns
- Size Estimation - Calculates if the article being shot is being captured with the optimum frame size
- Flare Detection - Checks if any flares or high contrast areas are present on the article.
- Lighting Environment Detection - Checks for gradations in the lighting environment
- Noise Detection - Detects and verifies if the noise in the image is tolerable.
- The image processing engine pinpoints the errors if any by using red markers.
- The user can reshoot the image after adjusting the lighting environment
- The user also has the option to ignore some of the errors found and proceed with the image shot
After the image is captured the app takes the user back to the product detail page. The user can now shoot more images of the product the same way. Once all the images have been shot and confirmed, a SAVE & UPLOAD button is provided to save the image and upload it to the server for processing.
Once the product is saved, our team sends you the price for the product with in 2 minutes. Upon your acceptance of the price, we deduct the payment from your account and start the work on the image.
Once a product is created and the images are uploaded, the user can view the product from its corresponding tab in the gallery. Accessing any product would open its detailed view which contains all the views shot and a message tab.
Each tab inside the product detail page represents a single view. In this page, you can view all the three images :
- Raw image shot
- Finished image of the view
In case multiple finished images are present in a single view, the user can view all the images by clicking the finished image in the maximized view.
Each product has a messages tab which can be used to interact with our customer care team. You can let us know any special instructions regarding that product in the message tab. Additionally, our team would also interact with you regarding the product
This page contains all the information you provide during the signup and the current balance in your account. To recharge your account, just select the available reacharge options and proceed with the payments.
"The easiest thing is to react. The second easiest is to respond. But the hardest thing is to initiate."